POOL OPERATING SCHEDULE 2020
Great News!! The pool will open Wednesday, 22 July 2020. The hours will be normal hours, 11:00 am until 8:00 pm, seven days a week.
After pool contract negotiations, and a legal review, the Board signed a pool contract with a company that will provide pool services, including lifeguards, and a monitor to enforce CDC, Virginia, and City of Chesapeake COVID-19 guidelines. Hiring a monitor negates the volunteer requirement previously addressed.
This pool season has been/will be unlike any other. A few things you will see when using the pool this year:
- Pool Entry – a homeowner listing will be provided to the pool lifeguards/monitor instead of handling individual pool passes.
- Waiver of Liability Form – homeowners/families using the pool will be required to sign (signature by an adult) a waiver of liability form prior to using the pool. This form is a one-time requirement and will be kept on file for the pool season.
- Social Distancing – the required 10 feet of social distance will be enforced both on the pool deck and in the pool.
- Cleanliness/Sanitization – the pool monitor will oversee this effort but ask that all pool goers do your part to keep the area clean.
- Pool Parties – there will be no Private or Semi-Private Pool Parties allowed.
We understand the above changes are not the norm for a pool season, but these are not normal times. Would ask that all be respectful of the rules/regulations, so we can all enjoy our abbreviated pool season. Appreciate everyone’s patience and cooperation! (Pool information/guidelines previously listed below may be superseded by these current COVID-19 regulations.)
POINTS OF CONTACT
Pool Committee members are Jim and Mary Burres, 757-714-0806, email@example.com
FLYING FISH SWIM TEAM
Cheshire Forest is proud to have our own Swim Team, the Flying Fish! Please come out and support our Flying Fish! Please remember there may be a few days and nights when the pool is reserved for our neighborhood swim team. Notice of those closures will be posted in advance. Swim Team Committee chairperson is Tracy Tucker at 407-963-1094, firstname.lastname@example.org. More information can be found on their website at www.swimflyingfish.com.
All residents require a pool pass for entry into the pool. Last year’s pool passes (photo ID) will be used again, so please look for them. If you can’t find yours, please check at the lifeguard station before requesting a new one. Many passes have remained in the lifeguard station box from previous seasons. All residents that are in good standing with the Homeowners Association regarding payment of dues and fees, and already have a pool pass, may obtain a new “year” sticker by coming to the clubhouse, when the manager is on duty, or from the guard shack. For those new residents, or for residents that have never had a pool pass, the Manager and/or Pool Committee will be able to issue pool passes during Manager work days at the clubhouse. Specific pool pass issuance dates to be published by the Manager on Nextdoor, or that info can be obtained by calling the Manager or Pool Committee rep. In addition, if you have a babysitter that takes care of your children on a regular basis in the summer, a pool pass can be issued for the sitter for the season. Only one sitter pass per family can be issued and it will expire at the end of the season. If you or any family member come to the pool and do NOT have a pool pass, please bring identification, the lifeguards will have a homeowner listing.
Residents bringing guests to the pool will be asked to sign guests in the guestbook at the lifeguard station. Adult residents may bring up to 5 guests at one time. Young adults, ages 11-17, may bring 2 guests at one time. 6 or more guests require being registered as a semi-private pool party, (see below for more info on how to register) and must be scheduled in advance. Remember, guests must be accompanied by a reside
Semi-private pool parties are scheduled 2 weeks in advance with the management company, as additional staffing may be required. Semi-private parties are held during normal pool operating hours and are confined to the pool deck. Due to space limitations during operating hours, no semi-private parties larger than 30 guests will be allowed. Semi-private events will not be allowed to be held in conjunction with community social events, (i.e., pizza by the pool, etc.). Cheshire Forest HOA events will have scheduling priority. Pricing as follows:
Refundable Security Deposit: $100.00
6 to 15 guests: $25 for 2 hours.
Up to 30 guests: $50 for 2 hours
PRIVATE POOL PARTIES
Private pool parties are held outside of normal pool operating hours and must be scheduled 2 weeks in advance of your event with the management company. Please note: if the clubhouse is also rented, no wet clothes are permitted in the clubhouse. Private parties must be for a minimum of 2 hours and must be staffed by 2 lifeguards. Pricing as follows:
Refundable Security Deposit: $100.00
Pool Fee: $40.00
Lifeguard Fees: $25.00 per guard per hour
A completed Pool Reservation Agreement and the rental fee must be returned to the Manager at least two weeks prior to the event to reserve the pool. Pool Reservation Agreements can be obtained from the Association Manager.
Cheshire Forest’s Pool Management Company, High Sierra Pools, can offer group swim lessons. Please contact High Sierra Pools at 757-595-0080 for rates and scheduling.
The following rules are for the protection and benefit of all pool patrons. Your cooperation will help maintain a pleasant and safe atmosphere for everyone. Parents are requested to caution their children to observe the rules and to obey the lifeguard’s instruction. Lifeguards are asked to enforce these rules to ensure the safety of all.
CONCERNS AND/OR SUGGESTIONS
Questions or concerns about the pool should be communicated to the on-site pool manager, pool committee or Association Manager.
All persons using the pool do so at their own risk. The Homeowners Association (HOA) assumes no responsibility for any accident or injury, or for any loss or damage to personal property. Individuals using the pool area agree not to hold the HOA liable for any actions of whatever nature occurring within the pool area. All residents shall be responsible for the actions of their children and guests.
POOL AREA RULES
1. The pool is for the use of all Cheshire Forest residents and their guests. Your annual Homeowners Association fees help to cover the cost of our pool; therefore, all residents must be current with all fees and dues before use of the pool is authorized.
2. Pool passes (photo ID) are used to control entry into the pool. Each resident entering the pool deck must present his or her pool pass to the lifeguard at the pool entrance:
a. Children ages 5 and younger must be accompanied by an adult 18 or older
b. Children ages 6 to 10 must be accompanied by a responsible person age 14 or older
c. No photo ID is required for children ages 4 or younger
d. Babysitters (that are not residents of Cheshire Forest) can obtain a pool pass. See Pool Pass information above. Absent a pool pass, babysitters are considered guests.
3. All persons shall obey the rules, regulations, and instructions of the lifeguards. No person shall use the pool/pool area unless it is officially open and a lifeguard is on duty.
4. Swim Test. A swim test may be required for any individual who does not appear confident in the water. Lifeguards will administer the test, one on one. Test will include swimming a distance equal to max width of the deep-water swimming area, jumping into the water and treading water for one minute, and exiting pool independently.
5. A resident MUST accompany all guests. Guests may leave the pool area and return to the pool during the day of swimming.
6. Admission shall be refused to all persons having any infections, disease, sore or inflamed eyes, colds, nasal/ear discharges, or any communicable disease of any kind. Persons with excessive sunburn or open sores, poison ivy or bandages of any kind will not be permitted.
7. All persons must take a shower before entering the pool.
8. All children in the wading pool MUST be supervised by an adult within the wading pool fenced area. There is NO LIFEGUARD ON DUTY IN THE WADING POOL AREA.
9. The pool may be closed at any time by the on-duty lifeguard or pool manager in case of inclement weather, breakdown of equipment or operational malfunctions.
10. Children who cannot swim must be accompanied by an adult in proper swim attire while in the pool/pool area. Flotation devices may be used at the discretion of the lifeguards, however an adult in proper attire must be within arms’ reach of the child always.
11. ONLY DISPOSABLE SWIM DIAPERS will be allowed in either pool. Cloth diapers or training pants will be worn with plastic/rubber pants, swim panties.
12. The following are NOT permitted in the pool or pool area:
a) Hard sole shoes
b) Glass containers and breakable objects
d) Chewing gum
e) Tobacco products
f ) Intoxicated persons
13. I-Pods and MP-3 players with ear buds/ headphones only (no speakers), will be permitted. Exception is during private pool parties/events.
14. All persons must stay clear of life guard stations and not loiter at the check-in area.
15. No running, pushing, dunking, rough play, jumping, diving or profane language will be permitted in the pool/pool area.
16. All trash must be removed upon leaving pool area and put in the proper containers. Recycling containers are also available.
17. There is no diving into the water from the poolside. Feet first entries only.
18. The use of kick-boards, tubes, balls, rafts, etc. will be regulated by the lifeguards based on the size and character of the crowd. The lifeguards will regulate all play and other equipment.
19. Spouting of water and similar non-hygienic actions are not permitted in the pool/pool area.
20. Standing or sitting on another’s shoulders is not permitted.
21. A 10-minute break will be called each hour to accommodate bathroom inspections, water/equipment testing, and clean-up. During this break, all swimmers must be out of the water.
SUSPENSION OF POOL PRIVILEGES
If a person fails to respond appropriately to lifeguards for infractions of pool rules, the lifeguard may ask the person to leave the pool area until the following day. The Homeowners Association Board of Directors, on the recommendation of the lifeguard, may suspend individual pool privileges. The lifeguard will prepare a written report stating the name, date, time, restriction, and the violation, and provide to Pool Committee Chair no later than close of business on the day offense occurred. Pool Committee Chair will review and inform the Board of Directors, via email, of recommended suspension no later than the day following day of offense. The following actions will be taken:
1st offense – 1 day suspension
2nd offense – 5 days’ suspension
3rd offense- Suspension for the remainder of the pool season
Appeals of suspension of privileges may be made in writing to the Board of Directors, via email, addressed to the President with a “cc” to all members of the Board. The Board of Directors will have 5 days to review and respond.